Friday, January 12, 2007

Technology in Classrooms

Having technology in a classroom (even as simple as have computers for all students), is a wonderful idea...but unfortunately even urban schools do not have the funds nor the resources to have enough computers...even old ones!!

So, what do we do...? How do we teach students the skills that they need, and show them the creative things that we can do with technology, if they have no access to it?
Take for example a community that is so lower class most members scrap by to pay rent, let alone have a computer. If the schools do not get the funding that they need, what are we to do as teachers?

JL

1 comment:

amyabday said...

I totally agree with you. I think that every student should have the access to computer and different kinds of technology. I remember when I was in grade six. I got the chance to live in Tulsa, Oklahoma for a month with my family while my dad worked down there for a year. The grade six class I went to visit, each student had their own laptops. To either do homework on, play games on, and even do different assignments. I was so jealous because our school was lucky to have one computer lab to share with the whole school. Technology is such an important part of everyones lives and I think that everyone should have the chance to use them!