Sunday, February 25, 2007

Technology and Mathematics

I have a question to pose. Being a "math geek" I always think of technology in a classroom in terms of a math class. As I am learning all of these neat/cool things from Alec, I would love to incorporate them into my classroom when I eventually have one. But I am stuck...I am unsure of how to implement these sorts of things...?

I have worked with a smart board, and that was great, both the kids and I had a great time!! =) But it was more centered around me, just because you have one big smart board, and I used it for instructing and giving visuals. This worked great, but I am thinking that there is more that I could do to get the students involved. **Now there is a problem here though, because some of the schools that I would like to teach in do not have enough computers for their to be a lab open to anyone but the computer classes** So now we've come to another predicament.

I am really struggling to find ways to adapt this into my classroom...and one of my main problems is that what if I have to teach the students all about the technical side of what I wanna do? then I've lost actually time for doing it, because if anyone knows anything about the math curriculum...it is unrealistic in time (I have yet to meet a teacher who can teach the given curriculum in a semester, and have the kids following along)...

So I guess my question is rather large, and I am just more so looking for ideas...!!

No comments: